Difficulty level: Easy
Pumpkins are a key ingredient in some wonderful recipes, notably pumpkin pie and pumpkin soup – not to mention jack-o’lanterns – but what can you do with the seeds? Roast ‘em!
Cleaning Pumpkin Seeds
- Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the pumpkin.
- Place in colander.
- Under cold running water, remove the seeds from the pulp and strings.
- Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
Roasting Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine 1 T oil or melted butter plus ½ t salt per cup of seeds. If you like, you can add other spices like pepper, paprika, and/or garlic.
- Toss seeds with oil mixture until well coated.
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool on paper towels.
Roasted pumpkin seeds make a great snack and can also be added to soups and salads.
Pumpkin Recipes Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu