- 12 oz pasta shapes like rigatoni, elbows, or bowties
- 1½ T olive oil
- 1 c yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T garlic, minced
- 8 c fresh spinach or chard, roughly torn, or 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed, rinsed, and drained
- 1 c plain non-dairy milk
6 T nutritional yeast
- 3 T fresh basil, minced
- 2 T fresh parsley, minced
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t salt
- ½ t pepper
- ½ c vegan mozzarella, grated (optional)
Boil water, add pasta, and cook until just tender, approximately 8-10 minutes. Drain and transfer to bowl.
Meanwhile, heat oil over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic, and sauté, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook another three minutes, until it wilts.
Add milk, reduce heat to low, and cook 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, mix well, then gently stir into the pasta and serve.