- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled or scrubbed
½-¾ c mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 t mustard, prepared or dry
- ½ small red onion, chopped OR 1 scallion, sliced
- 1-2 carrots, peeled (optionally) and sliced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- ¼ c mushrooms, diced
- ½ c peas
- ½ c corn
- garnish: halved cherry tomatoes
Cut the potatoes into bite-size or slightly larger pieces.
Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, just until the point where you can insert a fork into a piece and it falls right off. (Overcooking will leave you with mashed potato salad).
Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and onion, then stir in the vegetables.
Drain the potatoes, rinse with cold water, and fold into the vegetables. Serve warm.