Soft, crisp tofu "meatballs" are delicious on top of pasta or just dunked into marinara sauce.
Yield: about 16 "meatballs"
Time: 45 minutes
- cookie sheet or large, shallow baking dish
- food processor
- 2 t oil
- ½ c firm tofu, pressed
- ¼ c fresh parsley
- ¼ onion, chopped or 1 T onion powder
- 2 T flaxseed, ground or ½ c wheat germ
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 t fresh oregano or ¼ t dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced or ½ t garlic powder
- ¼ t black pepper
Preheat oven to 350.
Oil the cookie sheet and set aside.
Combine everything else in the food processor and process until fairly smooth.
Take about 2 T of the mixture and roll into a ball. Set on the oiled cookie sheet and repeat with remaining mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes, turning carefully about every 10 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Adapted from the recipe for “Tofu spaghetti balls” in Tofu Cookery – read my review.
Abbreviations | Conversions | Cooking tips