Crudités is a French term that refers to raw vegetables, so a platter of crudités typically consists of one or more types of vegetables served with one or more dips. These are great for parties and can be served as an appetizer, at a buffet, in place of a salad – the sky is the limit. Here are some ideas for interesting crudité platters – mix and match to discover what you like best.
- Asparagus (steamed)
- Bell peppers
- Green onions
- Snow peas
Possible additions / accompaniments
- Edible flowers
- Baba ganouj
- Garlic dip
- Caesar dip
- Herb dip
- Vegan sour cream dips
- Your favorite salad dressing
- More dips
Tips and Ideas
- Make the vegetables as appetizing and ready-to-eat as possible: rinse well, trim stems, remove spots and seeds, peel (if necessary), cut into sticks or rounds.
- Arrange the vegetables on a nice platter with the dip(s) in the center.
- If you only have an ugly platter, camouflage it with lettuce leaves.
- Garnish the platter with slices or wedges of lemon, lime, orange, and/or tomato.
- Garnish the dips with minced parsley and/or a sprinkling of paprika and/or black pepper.
- Serve alongside a cheese plate or antipasto platter.