Spinach dip is a classic at parties, but this vegan version is even better.
Yield: 2 cups
Time: 15 minutes, plus time to chill
- food processor
- rubber spatula
- bowl with lid
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 c white beans, soaked and cooked or canned/drained/rinsed or 12 oz silken tofu
- ½ c fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, dill, and/or parsley), chopped
- ¼ c lemon juice
- 1½ T olive oil
- 1½ t soy sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or 2 green onions, chopped
- hot sauce or cayenne, to taste
Place thawed spinach in colander and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
Transfer to food processor and add remaining ingredients. Process until smooth.
Transfer to container and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Adapted from the recipe for "Creamy spinach dip" in Jo Stepaniak’s Vegan Vittles (read my review).
Abbreviations | Conversions | Cooking tips