Flaxseeds are very nutritious but very sensitive. They’re great for baking and putting on top of warm foods, but should never be subjected to high heat like frying. Here are some easy and delicious ways to incorporate them into your diet.
- Sprinkle on top of bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, soup, or salad.
- Stir into bread dough, pancake batter, or granola.
- Add to smoothies or shakes.
- Egg substitute for baking: How to make flax eggs
- Flaxseed mayonnaise
- Replace 10% of the flour in bread, pancake, cookie, or cake recipes.
- Mix with pasta, mashed potatoes, stir fry, or soup.
- Drizzle over salad in place of or mixed with olive oil.